From Snowshoe Tours to Whale Watching, Zaui’s Experience Gift Cards Make Holiday Gifting Easy
It’s the most wonderful time of the year 🎁
With pandemic restrictions in place, holiday shopping, gatherings, and celebrations will be looking a tad bit different.
To help our tourism community gear up for what will be a Digital-First Holiday season, our elves have been busy in the workshop, building a Holiday treat to help tour and activity operators drive sales for bookings in 2021 and beyond.
A highly requested feature from over the years, the NEW Experience Gift Cards have been designed to help tour and activity operators spice up seasonal campaigns and offerings, by providing holiday shoppers with the ability to purchase and deliver an experience gift card to loved ones.
🛒 And if you’re on the fence—Digital gift cards are not only an environmentally friendly option but a favourite amongst last-minute gifters!
Available in the NEW Online Booking Engine, Gift Certificate for Activities, or better known as Experience Gift Cards allow shoppers to surprise and delight their loved ones with a thoughtful experience, while also supporting tourism businesses in gift card sales during the slow season.
Gift Cards are by no means a first here at Zaui. Many in our Zaui community have already been using our gift certificates for denominations, but it was time we opened up more opportunities for operators to boost their sales, especially for holiday wins.
Gifting and Redeeming Experiences Simplified: How it Works
- Purchase personalized gifts: Like many of you out there, we’ve been busy scrounging around for gift ideas, and it’s no easy feat especially for those on your list who have it all. Here’s where experiential gifts come in….We’ve made it easy for shoppers to browse eligible experiences and select “Buy as a gift.” For a personal touch, be sure to add in your custom gift message.
*Note: Eligible activities include standard, ticket and interval activity experiences.
- Print out or email the experience: Our standard gift card email template has been crafted to suit every gifting occasion. After purchasing an experience, an email receipt will be sent to the gift card purchaser, along with a separate digital gift card (pre-populated with the personalized message, activity details, as well as the redemption code and link) to be forwarded straight to your recipient’s inbox.
For those who prefer the old-fashioned hard copies, simply print out the gift certificate to slip into your card.
- Easy & flexible redemption: Since costs are covered, gift recipients looking to redeem their activity will simply need to click through from their email, select their desired date, and check out. Gift recipients are also able to apply their Redemption Code (located within the email) during the booking process.
Want to add individuals, or products when redeeming your tour? Not a problem. During the redemption process, add extra members to the booking and pay the difference online or in person.
🎅Jazz up Your Holiday Campaign with the NEW Gift Card
Here are a few strategies to spice up your holiday campaigns with the Experience Gift Certificate feature.
- Gift certificate campaigns: Promote e-gift card sales during the low season and for the holidays. Shoppers are looking for that unique gift, and what better than to give the gift of experience while also showing support for tour and activity operators during these challenging times.
- Corporate and charity events: Got inquiries from corporate customers about gift contributions? Experience Gift Cards are a thoughtful, and attractive addition to corporate and charitable event gift basket draws and contests.
- Gifting for every special occasion: The experience Gift Card feature allows operators to offer consumers the ability to purchase an experience for any gifting occasion you could think of – birthdays, anniversaries, honeymoon, you name it.
Request a demo with us and see how Zaui can help you create seasonal sales, increase advance or last-minute bookings and automate sales for repeat business during the holiday season and beyond.
For more instructions on how to get set up with Experience Gift Certificates, visit our Experience Certificate Set Up Guide here.